Two youths arrested as France says it has foiled planned attack

PARIS, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Two youths aged 16 were arrested in the north of France earlier this week on suspicion of planning attacks on a shopping centre or concert venue, said the French anti-terrorist prosecutor’s office on Friday.

The anti-terrorist prosecutor said one of the 16-year olds had started to follow jihadist propaganda. It did not name the two 16-year olds who had been arrested.

The Reuters Inside Track newsletter is your essential guide to the biggest events in global sport. Sign up here.

Reporting by Sophie Louet; Editing by Sudip Kar-Gupta

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles., opens new tab

  • Suggested Topics:
  • World

Share

  • X

  • Facebook

  • Linkedin

  • Email

  • Link

Purchase Licensing Rights

This page may contain third-party content, which is provided for information purposes only (not representations/warranties) and should not be considered as an endorsement of its views by Gate, nor as financial or professional advice. See Disclaimer for details.
  • Reward
  • Comment
  • Repost
  • Share
Comment
0/400
No comments
  • Pin

Trade Crypto Anywhere Anytime
qrCode
Scan to download Gate App
Community
  • 简体中文
  • English
  • Tiếng Việt
  • 繁體中文
  • Español
  • Русский
  • Français (Afrique)
  • Português (Portugal)
  • Bahasa Indonesia
  • 日本語
  • بالعربية
  • Українська
  • Português (Brasil)